Monday 11 March 2013

Valentine's Day and Baia The Italian

Happy (one month late) Valentine's Day everyone!
I've been waiting to share my Valentine's day experience with everyone (:! So very behind on posts x)!

 Just a little something I was prepared, a little surprise after he drove me home! I started baking and making the goodies one week in advance to allow time for errors :P . I made Chocolate dipped marshmallows pops, crystal rock candy, vanilla melting moments(biscuits) and some random vanilla cookies. Everything wrapped and decorated with purple and white. Ron keeps opening them, looking, then closing them but he hasn't tasted it yet >: . Boooo! Doom on you! Doom on you! He better like it! >:)
chocolate dipped marshmallow pops are ready to go!
rock candy is growing, day 2

 Crystal Rock Candy
 This turned out better than I expected. Even though these sugar crystals had to be chiselled out of the jars because the crystals grew onto the jars too.
Box of wrapped goodies for Ronald McDonald Weasley!
This year was my turn to decide on a place to eat, so I quickly settled with Baia on Darling Harbour. I reckon it's a great place to hold a special dinner, for that special someone ;) because of the marvellous night/sunset view of the harbour and also Baia's great food is worth the note. 

Ron was surprised. He thought I'd simply go for a dessert store instead -.- . We were offered the chance to sit outside and feel the cool evening breeze, or to dine inside where's it's cosy and dim lit. Of course I had to go with the more intimate seats inside.

We seriously did not know what to pick because everything on the menu was soo tasty and by then (7:00pm) we were starving our butts off! So I ended up with Pappardelle al Granchio (Pasta with Arctic Crab). This was my second time having this dish! I love it because of the yummy sauce, it's a rich tomato with spicy chilli in it. When I first saw the two flavours I thought.. chilli and tomato? No go. But then I decided to have a try. It ACTUALLY tasted good, if you're a chilli lover, you will love this dish!




While Ron chose the Lasagna alla Paesana (traditional lasagna), which tasted alright like lasagnas from other Italian stores.

Happy Ron!
 Gift/card exchanging time! 

Happy me!
I was astonished when I saw what he got me :D. "Aww you shouldn't have!" While the little tien inside my head was screaming "YESSSS!!! My one and only, first Bobbi Brown thing!"
Bobbi Brown Bellini palette
(with mirror(top rectangle))

What gorgeous neutral colours! I lurrrvveee it!

Pretty pink lip glosses!

Fine One One by Benefit

All in one, Blush, cheek toner, cheek highlighter
(can be used as a lip stain)

both items were boxed in this cute box :3
 I will not use either of these products! They are soo precious to me! ): Too precious! I will furnish it in my mini make up gallery at home.

2 comments:

  1. omggg that's sooo adorable! goshh you took so much time to do the little sugary gifts! *envious* *_*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! He videocammed himself unwrapping everything hahaha how cute! ...So effort was well worth it :3

    ReplyDelete