Monday 4 February 2013

Red Sichuan (Canley Vale)

We (Mai and I) tried out Red Sichuan in Canley Vale for the first time. The Red Sichuan was established a while ago, but we never really ventured in there because they always had a few customers, even on a busy night like Saturday night. We were the only ones at that time... and it was already 7pm. But who am I to be judging them based on their customer count haha.. We ordered the Summer salad, Chicken salad, Bean curd  noodle Salad and the Vegetable pan fried dumplings.

Summer Salad

Chicken Salad

Vegetable Pan Fried Dumplings

Bean Curd Noodle Salad
 Firstly, let me just start by saying the SUMMER SALAD IS AMAZING! I love it! From start til end I could not have enough of it! The unique Sichuan flavoured dressing tasted great with that chilli and garlic flavour.

 On the other hand, the Chicken Salad and Bean Curd Salad tasted mediocre. I can sort of taste the flavour in the Chicken Salad, however, it isn't that strong as I would've liked it. I do prefer the signature "mouth-watering chicken" dish from other Sichuan stores over this salad. The Bean curd salad tasted quite plain as well, it was only slightly salty and the herbs on top mildy flavours this dish only.

The pan fried dumplings were quite nice, they didn't live up to my expectations though. The dough on the outside tasted very soft yet crunchy and I really admired that. The filling didn't taste that nice though, it tasted rather stale. This plate took the longest to make, it was quite sad that we almost finished the other salads before this dish came out. I'm not sure if they hand-make these daily because we had to wait about 15-20 minutes for it.

I would only recommend the Summer Salad.

That is all for today (: !


No comments:

Post a Comment